Base Rent: $5.00 per square foot + $0.83 per square foot in common area operating expenses. The location of The Old Pottery Place is among the most historically significant commercial sites in Laguna Beach. Initially the site of a small home, in 1936 it was to become the home of The Pottery Shack and remain so for the next 66 years. With a trailer load of â€œsecondsâ€ from J.A. Bauerâ€™s Glendale factory, The Pottery Shack flourished as a destination for residents and visitors alike. In 2006, after two years of caring renovation, â€˜The Shackâ€™ was lovingly reborn as The Old Pottery Place, providing a home for an array of distinctive shops, food purveyors, and offices once again welcoming visitors from around the glove. What in essence became â€œa cobbled together set of buildings leaning against one anotherâ€ was renovated in compliance with The Secretary of Interiorâ€™s specifications for historical structures and under the auspices of the Laguna Beach Heritage Committee. Many of the structures, materials, and features of the original site can be seen both outside and inside the stores and office.